The saying ‘It takes a village to raise a child’ is at the heart of today’s podcast. We chat to Sinead O’Moore, Mum of Penny and head of content strategy for eumom all about building your community as a parent and having the best support networks in place for yourself and your family.
- How your community completely changes when you become a parent.
- Not only does your child benefit from this support but the parents are enriched by the solidarity of a strong community network.
- This network might be your local yoga class, your local pharmacist or your online community.
- Listening to the advice of the village elders, i.e. those who have seen it all before.
- Learning to quiet those doubting voices in your own mind.
- We chat about comparison culture and our inherent competitive nature as parents.
- How your online community is a wealth of support; but when it makes you feel bad, it’s time to take control!
- Protect and build your bubble of positivity and don’t listen to the negativity.
- Resilience and positivity – how to find ways to be more grateful.
For more useful parenting podcasts click here and don’t forget to subscribe. We would be honored if you took a moment to rate and review Nine Months On! We greatly appreciate you joining us and we hope you have enjoyed this podcast! Thank you so much for your support