Lucy Wolfe, CGSC, MAPSC, is a paediatric sleep consultant, Author of The Baby Sleep Solution and mum of four young children. She runs a private sleep consulting practice with her 98%-effective approach for sleep she provides knowledge, expertise and valuable support to families.
It can come as a surprise that infant sleep can be challenging for new parents. With many factors affecting our young children’s sleep, it can be difficult to know where to start. Sleep resistance due to over tiredness and discomfort due to colic and reflux rank high as the most common contributory factors. New parents can be mindful of some strategies that continue to endorse safe sleep, but also help their child go to sleep more easily and for longer.
We chat to Lucy all about establishing great sleep practices and she shares her wealth of knowledge with us:
- Lucy’s most important tip first and foremost is to teach your baby to be loved, safe and secure.
- There is no such thing as bad habits. As you get to know your baby, you can work behind the scenes to establish positive sleep practices.
- Tips for a flexible feeding and sleeping balance.
- Learn how to work with your baby to read their body language for signs of sleep readiness. Early signs are very brief and most parents are very good at readying their babies body language for feeding, but most are not as efficient when it comes to signs of sleep.
- Great advice on what to do during those wonder weeks, the regressions, teething and how to survive them.
- Learn Lucy’s one and only absolute deal breaker when it comes to great sleep practice – it’s a really simple one!
- How to make sure your child is optimally rested. Day time sleep has a huge impact on night-time sleep.
- We chat about the concept of self settling and biological timekeeping.
- What is Lucy’s advice when it comes to soothers and sleep?
For more useful parenting podcasts click here and don’t forget to subscribe. We would be honoured if you took a moment to rate and review Nine Months On! We greatly appreciate you joining us and we hope you have enjoyed this podcast! Thank you so much for your support.